Visions and Values
Aims, Values and Vision
A vision helps the school focus its work towards common aims, values and ethos. This gives everybody (pupils, parents, staff and governors) a shared idea of, and commitment to, how we approach life in and out of school and how we are preparing our pupils for later life in modern Britain. We actively promote the fundamental British Values of democracy and mutual respect and tolerance of those with different faiths, cultures and lifestyles.
OUR VISION for Darley Dale Primary School is at the heart of all we aspire to:
- To offer a broad, balanced and enriched curriculum that inspires and enthuses our children and prepares them for life in Modern Britain.
- To arouse their curiosity and love of learning.
- To build lasting, positive and happy memories for our children and develop quality relationships with them.
- To pursue excellence in all areas of school life.
- To nurture a culture of positivity and challenge and give opportunity and support in an environment where children can learn without limits and realise their full potential.
OUR AIMS and commitment is to provide an environment where children will become:
'Inspired, Happy and Successful Learners, Resilient and Confident Individuals and Responsible and Caring Citizens.'
This is underpinned by our 'I RESPECT' behaviour system which again permeates all areas of school life. We aim for children, and adults, to strive to display these qualities at all times!
I Independent, Imaginative, Inquisitive
R Respect, Responsible, Relationships
E Enjoy, Excited, Excellence
S Supportive, Sensible, Smart
P Polite, Positive, Proud
E Empathy, Enthusiasm, Everyone
C 'Can do' Attitude, Challenging, Courageous
T Togetherness, Teamwork, Trust